August 27, 2015 – MDA Weather Services offers a variety of data and reports used throughout the energy, agriculture, and weather markets. In addition to providing the basic weather data products used by traders in these industries worldwide, MDA goes beyond the numbers to provide unique datasets tailored for traders in each industry. New and improved product offerings include: ZIP-Code Level Weather Data
- Ideal for localized energy interests – particularly utilities – with over 40,000 ZIP codes in the US.
- MDA’s proprietary technology takes weather information from weather stations across the US and interpolates it to ZIP code level while also improving accuracy by compensating for elevation adjustments.
- Observed parameters include temperature, precipitation, wind speed, dew point, relative humidity, cloud coverage, wind chill, and heat index.
Hourly Weather Data
- Also ideal for energy interests, MDA possesses hourly weather data for locations across the world.
- MDA’s proprietary ‘super ensemble’ model incorporates multiple model inputs and uses them to create a single forecast. The forecast is tuned by taking multiple factors into account such as recent skill and bias of the input models.
Archived MDA forecasts are available for those requiring historical forecast and observation data to tune internal models.
Data Sources: MDA | Effective Date: August 27, 2015