S&P Global Platts launches five new Supramax dry bulk freight assessments to reflect the increasing liquidity on coal trade from South Kalimantan, Indonesia and Richards Bay, South Africa, to Navalakhi, West Coast India, and Paradip in East Coast India respectively with effect from September 1.
The new assessments will reflect the growing spot fixture activity on these routes basis 50,000 mt (plus/minus 10%) for meeting the thermal coal requirements of Indian consumers.
The following will be the new assessments and their respective codes:
- CIIEN00 – Richards Bay, South Africa, to Navlakhi, West Coast India, 50kt
- CIIEM00 – Richards Bay, South Africa, to Paradip, East Coast India, 50kt
- CIIEK00 – South Kalimantan, Indonesia to Navlakhi, West Coast India, 50kt
- CIIEJ00 – South Kalimantan, Indonesia to Paradip, East Coast India, 50kt
- CIIEL00 – Differential from basis South Kalimantan to East Kalimantan, 50kt
The assessments will be published on a dollar per metric ton basis and will appear in Platts Dry Freight Wire and Dry Freight Wire Monthly.
Effective Date: September 01, 2016